Were you hopping this past long weekend?
Long weekends are wonderful, but they can leave us feeling depleted.
Physical and emotional self-management are at the core of my work, for both Moms and kids. We all need our precious energy to be our best.
This fast and easy exercise initiates the relaxation response in the body. You’ll be amazed at how calm you feel afterwards.
2-Minute Balanced Breathing Exercise
- Sit with your back supported, neck & shoulders relaxed, face soft.
- Cross left ankle over right.
- Extend arms out from shoulders, palms facing one another.
- Cross right arm over left, touch palms, interlace fingers and turn hands down towards belly and up to heart, resting on chest.
- Close your eyes and begin breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- As you inhale through the nose, touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth.
- As you exhale through the mouth relax your tongue.
- Begin to visualize a calming scene – lying on a beach enjoying the sun, etc.
- Breathe and visualize for 2 minutes, keeping the body relaxed.
- After 2 minutes, uncross your hands and feet gently and slowly open your eyes, and feel the shift in your energy; notice the calmness and connection you feel!
Would you like to bring more balance into your life, so you can be a happier and more effective Mom for your child and family? Visit talkwithsue.com to schedule your Autism Mom Life-Makeover Discovery Session Today!
Have a great week, and best of luck with school tomorrow.