Join Sue every Thursday on her Facebook page at 2pm for her LIVE series on ASD -Lemons to Lemonade – a weekly series that takes a look at the Development vs. Behaviour in ASD children and how caregivers can navigate the connection and communication barriers with their Autistic child.
Episode 3 Takes a look at the challenge ASD children have with processing information and how parents can learn a new approach by changing their perspective on why their child is behaving the way they are.
- We all have behaviours. It is universal.
- Behaviour is communication.
- ASD Children process information differently and may therefore behave differently.
- Behaviour can be positive or negative.
- When kids feel more competent they will behave in a more desireable way.
- We often look through a lens and see things from a negative perspective.
- Looking at the “why” behind the behaviour can help us to show up in a new way with a positive perspective.
- We model behaviour. ASD Children can react negatively in response to our parental behaviour because of the way they process the response.
- Understand the behaviour and the “Why” so you can support your child in a solution-oriented manner and behaviour will improve.
To learn more about the Better Behaviour Bootcamp program visit lemonstolemonade.mom
Few Spots Left for April 4th Start Date!!
Follow Sue on Facebook to catch future LIVE episodes.
Get on our newsletter to keep connected and access to ASD resources, news and more!